ANNOUNCEMENT OF POSITION VACANCY
Madison County Library System
Position: Part-Time Circulation Assistant
Position Summary: Must have great interpersonal communication skills and enjoy working with people, as this job requires a high level of interaction with the public. An ability to multi-task and prioritize while exceeding the needs of our patrons is also desired.
Location: Ridgeland Public Library
Experience: Customer-service work experience. Previous library experience preferred.
- Will work under the supervision of the Head of Circulation and Branch Manager
- Registering patrons, issuing cards, and updating records
- Collecting monies, using the cash register
- Checking materials in and out using the automated Sirsi system
- Calling patrons regarding in-house holds
- Answering telephones and providing routine information or referring and transferring calls
- Assisting patrons with computer activities, such as basic level word processing, email tasks, and search activities
- Assisting with shelf reading, shifting books and re-shelving materials as needed
- Responding promptly and courteously to resolve patron complaints
- Referring patrons, whose complaints cannot be resolved, to the Head of Circulation or Branch Manager
- Other duties as assigned
Hours: 79 hours per month (Monday – Saturday; afternoon & evening hours)
Salary: $8.50 per hour minimum
Physical Requirements: The employee may be required to climb, kneel, reach, push or pull loaded book carts, lift and carry stacks of books, or move boxes of books. The employee may be required to lift up to 35 pounds.
Contact: Nan Crosby, Ridgeland Branch Manager
397 Highway 51
Ridgeland, MS 39157
Telephone: 601-85604536 or Fax: 601-856-3748
Applicants will be required to complete and return an MCLS job application
Closing date: October 17
This job description is subject to be changed by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.